Firm: Holland & Knight LLP
Location: Tallahassee - FL
315 South Calhoun Street, Suite 600
Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Tel : 850.425.5642
- Fax : 850.224.8832
- Email : email@example.com
Shannon B. Hartsfield is a health lawyer whose practice focuses on corporate compliance, particularly in the regulatory and data privacy areas. She is Board Certified in Health Law by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education. She advises clients on state and federal matters, including healthcare compliance programs, internal investigations, HIPAA and data privacy, cybersecurity, data breaches, cyber liability and reducing risk, consumer protection relating to privacy, patient engagement, informed consent, genetic testing, long-term care, telemedicine, health technology, fraud and abuse, licensure, EMTALA, electronic medical records and prescription drug wholesaling.
Ms. Hartsfield’s clients include health plans and insurers, medical technology companies, assisted living facilities, continuing care retirement communities, nursing homes, hospitals and large clinics, pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors, dental suppliers, veterinary supply wholesalers, pharmacies, tissue banks, medical and benefit management companies, religious institutions and data analytics companies, among others.
Ms. Hartsfield is a past Chair of the ABA Health Law Section’s eHealth, Privacy & Security Interest Group.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D.
- Florida State University, B.A., English and Communication
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Theatre Tallahassee
- American Bar Association Health Law Section, Vice Chair, Policy Coordinating Committee, 2017-2019; Council Member, 2013-2016; Programs Executive Committee, Co-Chair, 2012-2013; Vice Chair, 2011-2012; Distance Learning Committee, Co-Chair, 2014-2016; eHealth, Privacy and Security Interest Group, Chair, 2003-2005; Emerging Issues in Healthcare Law Conference Co-Chair, 2009-2010
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Health Care Law Committee, Chair, 1999-2001
- American Bar Association, Standing Committee on Specialization, 2018-2021; Coordinating Group on Bioethics and the Law, 2000-2001
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Health Care Compliance Association
- Tallahassee Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Insurance Law, Health Care Law, 2005-2020
- Chambers USA – America’s Leading Business Lawyers guide, Healthcare, 2006-2019
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2019
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2009, 2011
- Legal Media Group Guide to the Leading US Healthcare Lawyers, 2006
- Rising Star, Holland & Knight, 2003
- Volunteer of the Year, Florida’s Second Judicial Circuit Family Law Guardian Ad Litem Program, 2001
- Outstanding Young Healthcare Lawyer, Nightingale’s Healthcare News, 2003
- Law Review
- Journal of Land Use & Environmental Law
- Order of the Coif
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Phi Beta Kappa
Holland & Knight LLP
At Holland & Knight, we put our legal knowledge to work for you in a practical manner. We know that in order to be the best value to you, we must first provide personalized solutions tailored to your needs. With more than 1,300 lawyers in our U.S. and international offices and legal colleagues in over 40 countries around the world, Holland & Knight serves clients globally. Our clients recognize the ability of our firm to consistently provide excellent value in a variety of areas that range from commercial litigation, regulatory matters, mergers and acquisitions, real estate and government advocacy.
With 28 offices around the globe, we are committed to providing the highest quality legal counsel combined with the utmost in client service – across state and national borders – in a seamless, cost-effective manner. This level of legal guidance, combined with our interdisciplinary structure and the firm’s global network, is your assurance of high-quality resources when and where you need them.