Firm: Fox Rothschild LLP
Location: Greensboro - NC
300 N. Greene St. Suite 1400
Greensboro NC 27401-2171
- Tel : 336.378.5258
- Fax : 336.378.5400
- Email : email@example.com
Maureen is Co-Chair of the firm’s national Health Law Practice Group. She represents health care providers in business transactions, medical staff and peer review matters, reimbursement appeals, fraud and abuse investigations and business disputes. Maureen regularly litigates and advises on health care regulatory matters involving certificate of need, penalty appeals and facility licensure and certification surveys.
She also counsels hospitals, long-term care facilities, home health agencies and physician groups on matters such as corporate compliance, EMTALA, credentialing, HIPAA, patient care, risk management and acquisition of facilities.
A recognized authority on health law topics, Maureen has spoken to the American Health Care Association on nursing home survey and enforcement and liability issues. She has presented for the American Health Lawyers Association on long-term care liability and risk management issues. She has been a speaker for the North Carolina Association of CPAs and North Carolina Health Information Management Association on HIPAA and confidentiality of medical information. She has also spoken for the North Carolina Health Care Facilities Association, the North Carolina Hospital Association, and Virginia Health Care Financial Management Association on HIPAA, corporate compliance, EMTALA, liability, medical staff and certificate of need issues.
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Recognized by Chambers and Partners, USA, as one of North Carolina Leaders, Healthcare (2014-2019)
- Benchmark Litigation, North Carolina Litigation Star (2016-2018)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Listed Health Care (2006-2018), and as one of the “Top 50 Women” attorneys in North Carolina (2006-2013, 2015-2018), and as one of the “Top 100” attorneys in North Carolina (2018)
- Named to “The Best Lawyers in America” list for Health Care Law in North Carolina by Best Lawyers, listed more than 26 years
- Selected by her peers as Greensboro Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year (Woodward/White, Inc.), Health Care (2011, 2015)
- Selected for inclusion in Nightingale’s Healthcare News 2008 list of Outstanding Hospital Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell’s top (“AV”) Peer Review Rating
Fox Rothschild LLP
Fox Rothschild has grown to a 950-lawyer national law firm with 27 offices by focusing on client service and responsiveness, and by attracting bright and creative lawyers who know how to deliver.
In a word, by listening.
Listening to our clients. Listening to our lawyers.
We give our clients the focus and service of a boutique – with the reach and resources of a national firm.
We provide our lawyers with a national stage and equip them with the platform to nurture innovation and drive client success.
Individuals and businesses – public, private and nonprofit; startup, family-run and multinational – receive our unwavering commitment to client satisfaction.