Firm: Lewis Roca
Location: Phoenix - AZ
201 East Washington Street Suite 1200
Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Tel : 602.262.5311
- Fax : N/A
- Email : email@example.com
Matt Sweger is co-practice group leader of the firm’s Business Transactions Practice Group. Matt’s practice focuses on corporate and finance transactions, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, capital raising, and formation of new businesses. He also acts as outside general counsel to clients on a range of corporate governance and general commercial matters.
Matt’s clients operate in a wide range of industries, particularly health care, in which Matt has advised on numerous hospital, physician practice, imaging, and ancillary business transactions.
Matt has been consistently recognized by Chambers USA in the areas of corporate law and mergers and acquisitions since 2015. He was also named “Lawyer of the Year” in 2018, 2020 and 2024 by Best Lawyers in America in the area of corporate law and in 2023 and 2024 in the area of banking and finance law. Matt received his J.D., magna cum laude and Order of the Coif, from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and his B.A. from Washington & Jefferson College.
Matt has built a reputation for quickly and effectively sorting through intricate fact patterns and methodically planning and preparing deal strategies. He is goal-oriented and places a high value on his role as a transactional counselor. His clients benefit from his versatility and creative, proactive, and passionately-dedicated client service style. Matt’s practice includes a business degree that harmoniously assists in addressing his clients’ issues from multiple viewpoints. Colleagues and clients enjoy the dynamic conversations and collaborative work environment Matt brings.
- Premier Healthcare Lawyers, Exclusive Featured Attorney for Phoenix 2023 – 2024
- Chambers USA, Corporate/M&A, 2015-2023
- The Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Banking and Finance Law, 2023, 2024
- The Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Corporate Law, 2018, 2020, 2024
- The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Aiken, S.C., Corporate Law, 2016-2024; Banking and Finance Law, 2023, 2024
- AZ Big Media, Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona, 2020
- BTI Client Service All-Stars, 2019
- Acritas Star, Independently Rated Lawyer, 2017-2023
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Business/Corporate Law, 2012
- Matt Sweger and Frances Sjoberg Named Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona 2020
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Order of the Coif, 1998
- B.A., Political Science and Accounting, Washington & Jefferson College, 1995
- Arizona, 1998
One guiding principle has driven our success over the past century: an unwavering commitment to client service. With lawyers and legal professionals across nine offices throughout the western United States, Lewis Roca has the resources and agility to handle virtually any matter.
We understand the industries in which our clients work and their business objectives. Our advice encompasses corporate and commercial transactions, litigation and dispute resolution, intellectual property, government and regulatory issues, and more.
For decades, we have been at the forefront of legal change in intellectual property, business regulations, land use, technology, and civil rights. We’ve handled many high-profile matters in U.S. history, including Miranda v. Arizona, the United States Supreme Court case that had a significant impact on law enforcement around the world. Our alumni include presidential advisors, federal appellate judges, and renowned legal scholars.