Firm: Gilpin | Givhan PC
Location: Montgomery - AL
2660 East Chase Lane, Suite 300
Montgomery, AL 36117
- Tel : 334-409-2228
- Fax : 334-244-1969
- Email : email@example.com
Gregg is a member of the Health Care practice group. Gregg works extensively on trade association compliance matters, Medicare and Medicaid matters, health insurance issues, Joint Commission compliance, quality assurance, physician recruitment and retention, and risk management issues. In addition, he advises on regulatory compliance matters under EMTALA, and the Stark law, and other issues affecting both non-profit and for-profit health care entities. Gregg also advises hospitals across the state on legislative issues. He served as General Counsel and Senior Vice President for the Alabama Hospital Association (AlaHA) 1994 – 2011. For eight years before joining AlaHa, Gregg was the General Counsel for a large hospital where he participated in forging positive relationships between hospitals and physicians as well as developing successful partnerships with administrators and the medical staff.
Gregg is a frequent lecturer (locally, statewide, and nationally) on a wide array of health care issues.
Before joining a health service organization, Gregg was law clerk to Senior Associate Justice Hugh Maddox of the Alabama Supreme Court. He is an Adjunct Professor in the Graduate School at Auburn University at Montgomery. He is on the Boards of the Gift of Life Foundation and Hospice of Montgomery.
- Premier Health Care Lawyers – Exclusive Featured Attorney for Montgomery 2019 -2020
- Alabama Super Lawyers – Health Care Law
- Martindale Hubbell – AV-Preeminent rating
Memberships and Affiliations>
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Alabama Council of Association Executives
- Alabama State Bar Association
Presentations and Publications
- Cumberland School of Law Annual Health Care Symposium (1999–2017)
- “Advance Directives? DNR? What Do We Do?,” Alabama Assisted Living Association (May 2013)
- “Federal & State Hospital Update,” for Alabama Hospital Association, Gilpin Givhan, PC, (2012 and 2013)
- Annual Update on Alabama Legislation for Warren, Averett, Kimbrough and Marino (2010 and 2011)
- Annual Meeting of Alabama Association of Sleep Professionals (2011 and 2012)
- Annual Meeting of Alabama AAHIM/HFMA (2010)
- Health Care Reform for the Alabama Automobile Dealers Association (2013)
- Presentations on various aspects of Health Law to the Alabama Council of Association Executives (2015 and 2016)
- Alabama State Chiropractic Association 2017 Summer Meeting: Update on Laws Affecting the Profession of Chiropractic.
Gilpin | Givhan PC
In 1983, Sam Kaufman, a Montgomery native and graduate of the University of Chicago and the University of Alabama Law School, founded a new law firm in Montgomery, Alabama. With a focus on taxation and commercial real estate, the firm brought a unique perspective to representing business and industry, and quickly expanded the breadth of its practice and reputation across the state. Today that firm is known as Gilpin Givhan, PC, and over 30 years later it continues to bring fresh perspectives to resolving issues for its clients. Based in Montgomery, Gilpin Givhan provides services throughout the state of Alabama and across the region with clients ranging from sole proprietors to publicly traded companies to international entities and the people who own and manage them. Since its inception, the law firm of Gilpin Givhan, PC, has been committed to providing high quality legal services focusing on meeting the complex legal needs of the business community.
Health care and other regulated industries require a deep understanding of complex rules and regulations. Our attorneys have experience helping clients navigate their obligations under these rules, as well as working with regulators to allow clients to implement strategies that benefit all parties involved. Our attorneys have practical experience as well, with two of our attorneys serving in-house with hospitals at times in their careers. Whether representing hospitals, physician groups, insurance companies, registered advisors or other regulated industries, Gilpin Givhan has the sophistication and experience to help clients develop and manage operations so they can focus on providing services as opposed to constantly responding to regulatory concerns.